Scubapro Air2 5th Gen
Scubapro Air2 5th Gen has a revolutionary design with unparalleled performance. This easy-to-use octo/inflator is the best backup breather money can buy.
An octo/inflator combines a backup regulator with a BC's buoyancy control system in one compact, at-the-ready unit. The cool thing about the Scubapro Air2 5th Gen octo/inflator is that it's always within reach because it's constantly being used to control descents, adjust buoyancy, and vent air during ascents. In the event of an emergency there's no need to grope for a dangling octo reg; simply pass your primary reg to the diver in need while you take the octo/inflator, enabling you to breathe easily and control your buoyancy as you make your way safely back to the surface.
SCUBAPRO introduced the octo/inflator concept to diving almost thirty years ago with the introduction of the original AIR2 (short for Alternate Inflator Reg). Now in its 5th generation, it offers even more in both performance and ease of use.
As a backup reg the AIR2 delivers air as smoothly as most primary second stages. The flexible purge cover is large and easy to locate, allowing for quick clearing when it comes time to take a breath. In addition, a new dive/pre-dive switch lets you detune the AIR2 when it's not being used, eliminating free flows. And unlike traditional dangling octos, the AIR2 is always within easy reach if needed.
As a BC power inflator the AIR2 is very easy to use. It fits comfortably in the hand, and the large inflate and deflate buttons can be differentiated by both color and touch, improving safety on both ascents and descents. The power inflate button features a very light lever so it's easy to initiate inflation. Also, both inflate and deflate buttons are positioned on top of the housing, making them easier to operate when breathing off the unit without having to change hand positions.
If you want a reliable backup reg that's always within easy reach, that does double-duty as a BC inflator/deflator, and that streamlines your dive profile by eliminating a dangling octo hose, you're going to love the AIR2. It was diving's first octo/inflator and, with five generations of improvements, it's still the best.
- Test-proven breathing performance and cracking effort surpasses many traditional downstream second stages when it comes to ease of breathing.
- New dive/pre-dive switch enables you to detune the unit when not in use, eliminating free flows.
- Flexible purge cover is easy to locate and depress for quick clearing, even when wearing thick gloves.
- Power inflate and deflate buttons are positioned on top of the housing when the AIR2 is in your mouth, making it easier to control buoyancy.
- Power inflate button features a lighter lever so less load is required to initiate inflation.
- Power inflate and deflate buttons can be differentiated by color and touch due to their different shapes and sizes, improving ascent control and safety when inflating or deflating the BC.
- Large bite tabs on the mouthpiece guarantee a secure grip in high-stress situations.
- CE certified EN250 (A> 50°F warm water test controls) as a second stage regulator.